Skip to main content

Money management support

If you are struggling with your finances then please let us know as soon as you can. If you are struggling with paying tuition fees then please also let the Finance Office know.  We may be able to re-schedule payments to help you.

The funds below may be of help to you. To apply for any of the funds, please contact the Student Development Manager who will be able to offer help and advice in making your application.

Student Development Manager: Dominic McLoughlin
Tel: 020 7795 4145

Access to learning fund

This fund is provided by government and administered by the College to meet the needs of primarily undergraduate students in financial hardship.  The modest awards made by the fund do not need to be repaid. 

Bridging Loans (The Principal’s Fund)

This fund is used to provide short-term emergency bridging loans. Loans are rarely made for more than £500 and you will need to know when and how you will be able to repay the loan.

Bursary Sub-Committee

If you have completed your first year of post-graduate study and experience an adverse change in financial circumstances then you may apply to the Bursaries Sub-Committee for financial assistance. 

Useful contact details

Student Finance England                      0845 300 50 90

Student Finance Northern Ireland         0845 600 0662

Student Awards Agency for Scotland     0845 111 1711

Student Finance Wales                         0845 608 8845

Useful publications

You should be able to find these in your local library.  Some educational and religious trusts and charities provide individual awards to students (mostly small grants) to help with postgraduate study: 

·         The Educational Grants Directory

·         The Charities Digest

·         The Grants Register

·         The Directory of Grant Making Trusts