The College has been through a period of significant change over the last three years. Following the Governing Body resolution that the College is to close after 2017/18 the pace of this change is bound to accelerate further.
There will be very few students taking modules in 2017/18, which inevitably will make for a different environment for your studies. However, throughout this period the College’s priority is to support you to reach your potential and complete your studies successfully.
Our commitment to delivering a high quality student experience includes:
- Remaining at the Kensington campus until October 2018
- Preserving the academic excellence and integrity of the College and the quality of our awards, with most academic staff remaining in post and with continued research activity and infrastructure
- Retaining other key academic positions including Deans of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Students, Personal Tutors and Programme Conveners
- Maintaining a breadth of choice for modules and dissertation topics taught and supervised by specialist staff
- Continuing supervision of research students by subject specialists
- Enabling access to the Library until at least summer 2018
- Providing high quality
student support on site, including:
- Support for health, wellbeing and disability
- Academic study skills support
- Ensuring availability of other professional support staff, including Student Services and ICT Services
- Establishing a restructured HSU to ensure you have access to advice, representation and support
- Providing you with access to the Careers Service in 2017/18 and 2018/19