Further issues in Moral Psychology and Metaethics
Philosophy of Mind and Psychology
I also run a weekly seminar for research students in philosophy
Dr Michael Lacewing
I was born and grew up in India. I studied philosophy at the University of Manchester, then Corpus Christi College, College, and then the University of Reading.
Alongside my work at Heythrop, I have been Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology at University College, London since July 2010, teaching on their MSc Theoretical Psychoanalytic Studies. I am currently a member of both the British Philosophical Association’s Executive Committee and the Institute of Philosophy’s management committee.
I have worked with students and teachers of A level philosophy since 2003 – see below.
Additional Areas of Interest
- Moral Psychology and Metaethics, esp. Moral Epistemology; Virtue Ethics; A level Philosophy
- The science of psychoanalysis (2018) Philosophy, Psychiatry, Psychology, (25) [Journal Article]
- Expert moral intuition and its development: a guide to the debate (2015) Topoi, (34) pp.409-425 [Journal Article]
- Philosophy, academic philosophy, and philosophy for children (2015) The Philosophers' Magazine, Cambridge University Press. (69) pp.90-97 [Journal Article]
- Philosophy for A2: Ethics and Philosophy of Mind (2015) Routledge. London, [Textbook]
- Can non-theists appropriately feel existential gratitude? (2015) Religious Studies, Cambridge University Press. (52) pp.145-165 [Journal Article]
There are no conferences to display for this user.
I give talks to schools and organize conferences for students and INSET days for teachers of the AS and A2 levels in philosophy and in religious studies. I have written five textbooks, published by Routledge, for the new AQA Philosophy syllabus. The latest is Philosophy for AS: Epistemology and Philosophy of Religion (see the companion website
For further information, or to make a booking for a conference, please visit my website, http://www.alevelphilosophy.co.uk/
My other interests include Philosophy for Children.