Philosophy in Schools conference
Philosophy in Schools - a Catholic PerspectiveDownload iCal Event
Location: Heythrop College
This one-day conference will focus on the following issues:
- discussing and debating whether or not there is a distinctive Catholic school perspective on why philosophy ought to be introduced as a compulsory part of the curriculum.
- promoting the take up of philosophy within Catholic schools
- considering if it is time to start teaching more philosophy in Catholic secondary schools and perhaps less RE.
- the need to introduce philosophy as a compulsory part of the curriculum in Catholic schools.
The conference will appeal to:
- RE teachers and other teachers who work in Catholic schools.
- advocates of philosophy in schools.
- advocates of Catholic education and faith schools.
- teachers of philosophy who work in schools.
Conference organisers: Dr Sean Whittle and Dr Michael Lacewing
SPEAKERS AND PANEL MEMBERS:
- Dr Peter Gallagher SJ, Head of Philosophy at Heythrop College, University of London
- Patricia Hannam, Sapere Trainer and RE advisor for Hampshire County Council
- Dr John Taylor, Assistant Headteacher, Cranleigh School
- Dr Michael Lacewing, Director of Research at Heythrop College, University of London
- Dr Sean Whittle, Visiting Research Fellow at Heythrop College, University of London
Contact Name: Campus Services
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone: 020 7795 4194